Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Hey Monkey! Show me your nuts!

Nuts, nuts, nuts! One of my favorite food groups - yes, it qualifies as a separate food group in my pyramid :)

Bee'n'Jai made me super happy with their Click theme for this month. I started fantasizing about pictures of this bowl of unending chestnuts on my counter. Or maybe peanuts? Peanuts rock! Plus, they're visually so damn appealing! Hmm ... how about cashews? Wonder if I could find fresh cashews anywhere. Or maybe pistachios? *so* good! Hazelnuts? Pecans? Almonds? Pine nuts? The list goes on!!!

Yeeesh! Mired in indecision!


Wait! Walnuts! Daria brought back mountains of walnuts from her ranch near Paso Robles in California. And we totally lucked out on hanging out at her place surrounded by bags and bags of walnuts - if I remember right, she mentioned one varietal was the Hartley, and maybe the other one was the Franquette - both looked quite similar to us, but she soon pointed out an obvious difference - only one of them could stand upright, the other toppled right over! Fun botany lesson of the day :)


I had a camera on hand. And carte blanche to do what I wanted in Daria's kitchen! :) And then I found Mr.Monkey and he made for these insanely funny pictures! Now all I have to do is pick one and send it off for Click. So, if you have opinions, please holler.




Camera used: my faithful Pentax Optio S4i - my favorite travel camera.


'k, time to make a choice, this is the pic that goes off to Jai'n'Bee for Click:

21 comments:

Nupur said...

The last one is my favorite!

sra said...

That monkey's a real cutie!

FH said...

HeHe!! Cool!!:))

bee said...

great info on walnuts. monkey has some huge nuts :) very funny.

sunita said...

That's the cutest monkey ever :-D...I love the fourth picture :-)

Namratha said...

Hehe, all the pics are so cute Kay...hard to choose one :)

Vanamala Hebbar said...

Hey first time in your blog....

Nice pics :)

Finla said...

Love all of them.
Monkey is so cute

Bindiya said...

Loved the pics!lol!!

Sig said...

lol, love the monkey :) , and of course the pics are all very nice :)

Mishmash ! said...

monkey made all the difference there! :)

vimmi said...

Cute photos. What a great idea. Am nuts about walnuts.

Cynthia said...

Very funny monkey.

Sagari said...

lovely pic and monkey looks soo cute

Rajitha said...

will not say which one is my fav. lest i hurt mr. monkey's feelings ;)

Raks said...

LOvely lovely Click Kaykat:))

SteamyKitchen said...

OMG - that is too funny.

amna said...

This is soooo cute! :D

Seena said...

thats a great idea!Nice photoes.

Rachel said...

neat pics! very creative!

AJ said...

Great photographs! Super monkey....

Apu;)